Tuesday wasn’t a good day.
We buried my grandmother, and there were lots of tears and stories and food. Because those are the prerequisites for a true southern funeral.
But on the way home I checked my email and found a lovely little bright spot in the the way of a comment from Ginny over at My Simplicity Quest, which is a really fun little blog following her story of working towards a simpler, more minimalist life. If you’ve never seen it you should check her out!
Her comment was to let me know that she had nominated me for my first ever blog ‘award’! I only say award in quotes because evidently there will be nothing to sit on my mantle… Which is actually just fine, seeing as I don’t have a mantle and would prefer it bare if I did.
But I digress.
Ginny has given me the One Lovely Blog award, and I think it’s awesome that even one person finds purpose, or inspiration, or humor, or anything at all in what I have to say. It makes this feel more real in a way, so thank you very much Ginny for thinking of me!
A blog award is really more of an opportunity to recognize other blogs that have spoken to you in some way, which I think is a great idea, so I’m paying it forward. Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog(s).
- Post the award image in your acceptance post.
- List seven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate others for the award and notify them on their blog.
7 Random Lena-isms:
1. I’m abnormally afraid of water.
2. Despite #1 I love white water rafting and air boat swamp rides.
3. I have no sense of smell. Never have.
4. I know every single word to a large amount of eighties rap.
5. If you leave me alone in a car I will sing. Loudly.
6. I read The Hobbit somewhere between Kindergarten and 1st grade.
7. I’ve never seen any of the Godfather movies.
The blogs I’m nominating are ones I find to be especially interesting or inspiring in some way, they all have excellent and very different writing styles and a way of spinning a story in their own special way. Some of these may have already been the recipient of this award, or some may not find it as neat as I do because they’ve been around the blogging block already, but I’m nominating based on blogs I read and keep up with. I hope you’ll take the time to check them out!
I hope everyone has a great Independence Day and a relaxing weekend! We’re about to pack up and head out, with a 60% chance of rain all weekend I’m expecting an adventure. I hope you have one too.